Page 1: Page 1
Eligibility of students
The NERC-funded Research Experience Placement programme (REP) is available to students wishing to gain research experience. Selected students must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for a REP. If applying you must:
- Be a Cardiff University student or have in writing that your university will pay the costs up front for the studentship and will then be reimbursed by Cardiff after the studentship is finished.
- Be studying for an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline outside of NERC’s scientific remit (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computing, engineering, physics).
- Be applying for a placement in a different department to your undergraduate degree.
- Be undertaking your first undergraduate degree studies (or integrated Masters). Students in their final year and graduating this summer are not eligible to be considered.
- Be expected to obtain a first or upper second class UK honours degree.
- Be eligible for subsequent NERC PhD funding (i.e. UK, EU or right to remain in the UK).
For the purposes of this survey Cardiff University is the data controller. All data collected in this survey will be held securely by the survey software provider (JiSC) under contract and then retained by the GW4 FRESH CDT in accordance with the GDPR (2018). Data from the survey, including answers to questions where personal details are requested, will only be used by the GW4 FRESH CDT to evaluate its programmes.
Cookies, personal data stored by your Web browser, are not used in this survey