Page 1: Before you begin
Thank you for your interest in studying for your PhD with the GW4 FRESH NERC Centre for Doctoral Training.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 17th December 2018.
You can save the form and complete in stages BUT after you submit you cannot go back to edit or change your answers. IMPORTANT - Download and save a copy of your application form directly after you submit your answers - you have only 15 minutes to do this.
After the application closing date you will need to arrange a meeting with your chosen supervisors (in person or via phone/video call) to discuss the project and your application, between 2nd and 14th January. The Lead supervisor of your project(s) will be sent a copy of this application form. Project supervisors will put forward their first choice candidate for interview by a central CDT panel, and will shortlist candidates on the basis of this application form against the following criteria:
- proven academic quality: normally evidenced by an excellent performance at first degree and/or Master’s level, but may also be demonstrated by a record of relevant professional practice;
- research potential: evidenced through application responses and supported by performance in research projects at first degree and/or Master’s level, or another form of dedicated preparation for research;
- personal motivation and commitment: evidenced through application responses, by enthusiasm for the project area, and in relation to career goals.
All applicants will be informed of the shortlisting outcome by the 23rd January 2019.
If you are shortlisted you will need to:
- arrange for two referees to send references to the CDT by 9am on 18th February
- send a copy of your academic transcript(s) by 9am on 18th February 2019;
- attend an interview in Cardiff on in w/c 25th February 2019 (actual date tbc).
Further details will be included in the shortlisting letter.
Please note: This application is for the studentship known as an 'Offer of Funding'. You will also need to apply for admission, known as an 'Offer to Study', from your chosen University/Universities by completing their institutional application process (please see website for details).